Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook freezes while charging after Mojave update

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this issue. I own a MacBook Pro 2012, and I recently upgraded the OS to Mojave. When I charge my MacBook - regardless of whether I'm working or whether the laptop is closed in sleep mode - the fan starts up immediately, causing the computer to freeze. I can then power off, and reset the SMC, but if I try to charge the MacBook again, the exact same thing happens. One solution is to charge the MacBook after shutting it down, however, that's not a good long-term solution. This is all the more frustrating considering that before the upgrade to Mojave, I barely ever shut down my MacBook completely.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Many thanks,

Andrea

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 6:54 PM

Boot into Recovery (Command R) and from the dropdown menu: Utilities>  Disk Utility> run the First Aid on your Macintosh HD. If errors are found and repaired, run again until no errors reported.

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook freezes while charging after Mojave update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.