Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Hibernate a Macmini

Windows OS provides three options for conserving power when you are not using the PC. These options include SleepHibernate and Shut Down.  can I put my Macmini Hibernate Please suggest

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 8:12 PM

Hmm.... What year model is your Mac Mini....?

Cause according to > How Power Nap works on your Mac - Apple Support

• MacBook (Early 2015 and later)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 and later)
  • Requires OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and later
  • MacBook Pro (all models with Retina display)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 and later)
  • iMac (Late 2012 and later)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Only a Late 2012 or later Mac Mini can use Power Nap.

My 2012 Mac Mini offers Power Nap, but my 2010 Mac Mini does not offer Power Nap.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 8:12 PM in response to boongob

Hmm.... What year model is your Mac Mini....?

Cause according to > How Power Nap works on your Mac - Apple Support

• MacBook (Early 2015 and later)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 and later)
  • Requires OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and later
  • MacBook Pro (all models with Retina display)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 and later)
  • iMac (Late 2012 and later)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Only a Late 2012 or later Mac Mini can use Power Nap.

My 2012 Mac Mini offers Power Nap, but my 2010 Mac Mini does not offer Power Nap.

Mar 26, 2019 8:09 AM in response to boongob

The Differences Between Sleep and Hibernate Mode

• Sleep Mode: The computer cuts the energy from all the components—disk, display, ports, and more—except for RAM as this is where the current desktop settings, open documents and applications are kept stored. In the event of power failure, any data stored in RAM get’s lost too. The benefit of sleep is that it allows you to resume the computer almost instantly. 

• Hibernate Mode: It writes all active data to the disk and then switches off the components as if the computer were fully turned off. You can cut the the power of a system in hibernation, since it does not pose any risk to your data. Once the computer is powered back on it reads the data from disk and sends them back to RAM—this process can take few seconds to minutes. The data is restored to the point at which they entered hibernation.

Mar 30, 2019 8:41 PM in response to boongob

boongob wrote:

How to Hibernate a Mac https://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-hibernate-a-mac--cms-23235
AS Link process can make Macmini Hibernate

Yes, when the Mac Mini is plugged in a wall outlet.

Realy I want to hibernate (UnPlug Macmini late2014) So i can go everywhere and continuous work

If you unplug the Mac Mini, it will turn off.

Thankyou for your care to me

Your welcome!

How to Hibernate a Macmini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.