Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

album artwork

I've tried all the standard approaches to manually inserting album artwork into my albums in my iTunes Library, e.g. using mpg3 & png and doing the standard Get Info>Add ArtWork approach.

What I get is that I am able to add the artwork to the Get Info Window and Artwork Tab, but when I click OK nothing is added to the Library Album.

From my readings of who has this problem in the Mac iTunes Universe, it appears that a lot of people do, yet there are no successful cures or fixes that I've found.

This problem seems to be a major one in iTunes.

Does anyone in this support group have any suggestions?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 1:03 PM

Well, this is what finally worked for me.

I have my iTunes Library (the one I wanted to add artwork) on a separate HD. I was able to see the whole library when using iTunes, but I discovered I could not play the songs in this library. So, I went up to the menu under File>Add to Library. Once iTunes added this new library (the one on the separate HD) I was able to play the songs and add artwork.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2019 1:03 PM in response to Time Keeper

Well, this is what finally worked for me.

I have my iTunes Library (the one I wanted to add artwork) on a separate HD. I was able to see the whole library when using iTunes, but I discovered I could not play the songs in this library. So, I went up to the menu under File>Add to Library. Once iTunes added this new library (the one on the separate HD) I was able to play the songs and add artwork.

album artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.