Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave 10.14.4 issue : newly created files not displayed

After upgrading my 2015 MacBook Pro to Mojave 10.14.4 I repeatedly find that newly created files are not displayed in Finder and/or on Desktop. Once I reboot the MacBook these very same files appear where and the way they should, i.e. they were present and only not being displayed before.

Applications that created these files were:

1. The latest Adobe Lightroom Classic CC exporting standard JPGs to an external disk (LaCie) connected via Thunderbolt
  2. Apple Preview exporting PDFs to the Desktop

Anybody with similar issues and hopefully a solution? THX!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 2:37 PM

Boot into Safe Mode, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac, and test with new files from there. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 29, 2019 6:42 AM in response to OldToad

Hi OldToad, Thank you for that advice. Since this kind of approach is promising to eliminate the issue, I just tried it out, and made some tests that seem to indicate that now everything is working.

Going to keep the 'refreshing Finder' shortcut (as proposed by ria36 - THX!) as a backup for when the issue shows again or in cased the next macOS update causes me new headaches...

Mojave 10.14.4 issue : newly created files not displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.