Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing CONSTANTLY

My less than month old iPad Pro 12.9 3rd generation is constantly freezing. For example right now when I’m trying to type I press a letter once and it doesn’t show up so I have to press super hard or twice for the letter to actually show up. It’s like it can’t sense that i am tapping. Or when I’m on YouTube scrolling through comments it will just freeze, or it won’t let me minimize the video or pause it. And when I’m in the home screen I try to swipe right or left and it will just freeze and not let me. This entire paragraph has been a struggle to write because EVERYTHING IS CONSTANTLY FREEZING. I don’t know what to do. And the worst part is how expensive this iPad was. My iPad Air never did this.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 10:35 AM

Hi!

You should try "Reset All Settings". This won't erase your personal data and apps, but resets settings on your iPad.

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap to Reset All Settings.

Also, these articles may help you:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this methods can't help you, you can restore iOS using iTunes or make a Genius Bar reservation.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Loopdeedoop

Hi!

You should try "Reset All Settings". This won't erase your personal data and apps, but resets settings on your iPad.

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap to Reset All Settings.

Also, these articles may help you:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this methods can't help you, you can restore iOS using iTunes or make a Genius Bar reservation.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Freezing CONSTANTLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.