Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new iPhone and was trying to get my pictures & contacts back how can I

I have a new iPhone 7 & I was trying to get all my contacts and pictures back how can I ?

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2019 6:47 AM

Did you backup the old phone? If you did, you can restore the backup to the new phone.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Bear in mind though, if you were syncing Contacts with iCloud and using iCloud Photos on the old phone, you will have to enable those features in the settings on the new phone in order to download the contacts and photos to the new phone. You didn’t provide any details, so it’s sort of difficult to tell you definitively what to do to get the content back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2019 6:47 AM in response to Liz_gibson

Did you backup the old phone? If you did, you can restore the backup to the new phone.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Bear in mind though, if you were syncing Contacts with iCloud and using iCloud Photos on the old phone, you will have to enable those features in the settings on the new phone in order to download the contacts and photos to the new phone. You didn’t provide any details, so it’s sort of difficult to tell you definitively what to do to get the content back.

I have a new iPhone and was trying to get my pictures & contacts back how can I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.