Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add anyone to my contacts

iPhone X, latest iOS. For quite a while now I've been unable to add a new contact. I thought I was constantly being "old" in that I'd add a person and their phone number, but could never find them later. But just now I tried it and it doesn't work, although the contact is IN the phone (which is to say when they call all their info, including address and mother, show up when I check the information on "recent calls"). I can even take this info and add it to my "Favorites", but when I go to find it via the alpha general contact lookup I can't and there is no additional contact added (the number stays at 78, although the favorites list has increased and their number is indeed there).

My phone has been rebooted since this first happened with no change. Anyone here of this before? And have any workaround (other than adding them all to "My Favorites". Sigh).

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Nevermind -- I found the problem. For some reason I had a "group" set (never set a group so it must have been some mistake). When I turned on "Show all contacts" in the group setting my hidden ones finally showed up.

5 replies

Can't add anyone to my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.