Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a strange email.

I received an email allegedly from Apple support, saying someone from -inserted IP address- tried to log in to my account. They included a “verify account” which I did not click. I checked the sender and it was a really long, fake looking email that I doubt was actually Apple. This is the email:

Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.

Someone just tried to log into your Apple account from a different location. 

Browser : Safari

Operating System : Windows 8

We need to verify your identity today or your account will be locked because of the concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the Apple community.

To verify your identity, we recommend that you go to

Regards,

Apple Support.

[Link Edited by Host]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 12:35 AM

It's a phishing email (iTunes doesn't send emails saying accounts have been disabled, the link isn't Apple etc.), you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2019 12:35 AM in response to Confusion664

It's a phishing email (iTunes doesn't send emails saying accounts have been disabled, the link isn't Apple etc.), you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

I received a strange email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.