Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green screen of death while waking after sleep 2018 Mini

Once every 2 or 3 weeks I'll hit a keyboard button to wake my Mac Mini 2018 (i5 16GB RAM) running the latest OS (10.14.4) and an LG 32UD59-B 32-Inch 4K monitor. The screen will be green with just a pointer. I've tried to wait it out, force quit, turn off the monitor, unplug the HDMI cable, etc. but the only way to get it to work again is by force restarting the Mini with the power button.

This has happened ever since I bought the machine on 11/8/18.

I ran Hardware Diagnostics and it passed. I ran ETRECheckPro and it also didn't seem to find anything.

I've been a Mac user maintaining my own system for over 20 years. The only other issue I've noticed is a slow startup and a display glitch (like 1/2 screen of static for a second) on startup.

Below is a pic of what my frozen Mini looks like and a screenshot of my Energy Saver settings.

Suggestions?

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 7:48 AM

1. Reset both the NVRAM and SMC > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and test.
  2. Startup in Safe Mode > Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support and test.
  3. Try a better HDMI cable or switch to a USB-C to (HDMI or Display Port) adapter to the display.
  4. Then if it still happens, make an appointment and have the Mac Mini checked out.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2019 7:48 AM in response to Weaztek

1. Reset both the NVRAM and SMC > Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support and test.
  2. Startup in Safe Mode > Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support and test.
  3. Try a better HDMI cable or switch to a USB-C to (HDMI or Display Port) adapter to the display.
  4. Then if it still happens, make an appointment and have the Mac Mini checked out.

Green screen of death while waking after sleep 2018 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.