Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini does not awaken sometimes.

I have MC MINI about six months old. Every now and then it does not wake up. I end up turning it off than back on. Reading one post, while I checked if anyone else had that problem, someone said his monitor would not wake up at times. Not sure how to tell the difference but in either case I need an answer.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 3:12 PM

I had a similar issue with my new Mac mini (I've had it about a week). Earlier this week, the Mac mini would not wake from sleep (or at least would not wake the monitor up). I have a wireless Apple Magic Keyboard, wireless Magic Trackpad, and wireless Magic Mouse connected via Bluetooth. Nothing would cause the Mac to wake up. I contacted Apple Support and they had me do a SMC reset by powering off the Mac, unplug the Mac and wait 10-15 seconds, plug it back in and restart. It's work fine since then.

Other than that I've been very happy with the Mac mini. I got the Mac mini because my 2015 MacBook Pro started to have onboard memory problems which I need get resolved. In the past I've also had a 27" iMac (which was stolen when our house was broken into). Never thought I would like the Mac mini, but I'm quite please with it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2020 3:12 PM in response to LO1DOG

I had a similar issue with my new Mac mini (I've had it about a week). Earlier this week, the Mac mini would not wake from sleep (or at least would not wake the monitor up). I have a wireless Apple Magic Keyboard, wireless Magic Trackpad, and wireless Magic Mouse connected via Bluetooth. Nothing would cause the Mac to wake up. I contacted Apple Support and they had me do a SMC reset by powering off the Mac, unplug the Mac and wait 10-15 seconds, plug it back in and restart. It's work fine since then.

Other than that I've been very happy with the Mac mini. I got the Mac mini because my 2015 MacBook Pro started to have onboard memory problems which I need get resolved. In the past I've also had a 27" iMac (which was stolen when our house was broken into). Never thought I would like the Mac mini, but I'm quite please with it.

New Mac Mini does not awaken sometimes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.