Mac Mini M1 Will Not Wake Monitor After Sleep

Hi, I can see this question has been raised before but I cannot see the solution.

In summary, my MacMini M1 connected by USB C to an Eizo CS2731 often fails to connect or "wake up" the screen when booting or after sleep. The screen shows "no signal" and it is necessary to unplug and reconnect the cable to get it to work. Very irritating.

I have disabled Prevent Automatic Sleeping When the Display is Off (System settings/displays/advanced).

Is there a solution that anyone knows please?

Thanks...

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 5:40 PM

Try this:

• choose HDMI for video using an HDMI cable not longer than 3 feet
  • connect the USB C cable from the monitor to the mini’s USB-A port using a C-A cable or adapter.

Similar questions

12 replies

Jul 31, 2023 1:25 AM in response to hcsitas

Hi, just to let you know, the problem seems to be rectified. I think it was the port in the MacMini. When I switched to use the second port, it seems to be working properly. Confusingly, the first port is working ok for a remote drive so perhaps it is simply a dodgy connection or something like that. Anyway, thanks again for the advice and for getting me back on track!

Mac Mini M1 Will Not Wake Monitor After Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.