Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant send e-mail with the server iCloud

Hi

Since I´ve got a new computer att work and added my apple-mail in the mail.app I can no longer send e-mails.

Server respons: <address[ip-address]>: Client host rejected: Access denied.

Everything looks ok in the activities and connections-windows.

I thought it was something with the firewall at the company, but that is not the case. I can send messages with the iPad and iPhone via the WiFi without problem.

Tonight I added my computer at home, now I get the same problem at home!

Come on, please help out here.

Someone said something about keychain access that could be a problem.

What can I do?

This is kind of core for me. I really need my e-mail.

If you want logs or so, just tell me.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 6:32 PM

Hello Susenbeth,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you're unable to send email using your iCloud account on two different computers; is that correct?

Which macOS versions are you running on both devices?

As a test, try to Use iCloud.com from a web browser on a computer and then sign in. Are you able to sign in and view your email there?

If you are, try clicking Apple menu () > System Preferences > iCloud. Then, uncheck the box next to Mail, wait a minute or two, and then re-check the box and test.

If the issue persists, booting your Mac into safe mode is a good next step. This will help rule out certain startup and login items as a cause, and it also runs a few checks: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2019 6:32 PM in response to Susenbeth

Hello Susenbeth,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you're unable to send email using your iCloud account on two different computers; is that correct?

Which macOS versions are you running on both devices?

As a test, try to Use iCloud.com from a web browser on a computer and then sign in. Are you able to sign in and view your email there?

If you are, try clicking Apple menu () > System Preferences > iCloud. Then, uncheck the box next to Mail, wait a minute or two, and then re-check the box and test.

If the issue persists, booting your Mac into safe mode is a good next step. This will help rule out certain startup and login items as a cause, and it also runs a few checks: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

Apr 2, 2019 7:06 AM in response to i_rina

Please, as I wrote before:

I can send e-mail through ex a iPhone or iPad at the same networks wifi, same firewall/gateway and ISP.

I´ve read all the support pages for iCloud/mail.

My SMTP-server option is empty as always.

"If you find this doesn't resolve the issue, your next best step is to Contact Apple Support to look into this further."....isn´t this Apple support?

Any one, please....I can NOT be the only one with this problem.

Apr 2, 2019 6:55 AM in response to Susenbeth

Hi Susenbeth,

Thanks for the follow-up information. Knowing that the issue persists in safe mode and a new user helps to narrow things down. I have a resource with a few steps that may be helpful: Get help using iCloud Mail

"If you receive an alert when you send a message from your @icloud.com email address using Mail on your Mac

“This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. The reason for the failure is: An error occurred while delivering this message via the smtp server: server name.”

1. Open Mail and choose Mail > Preferences.
  2. Click the Accounts tab.
  3. Select your iCloud email account.
  4. Click the Account Information tab.
  5. Choose your iCloud email account from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) menu. If you choose Edit SMTP Server List, you won't see your iCloud SMTP server as an option."

I also recommend checking out this information below to see if it may apply to your situation:

"If you can receive messages but can't send them

Your Internet service provider might be blocking the protocol used to send email (SMTP) across their network. Contact your service provider and ask about SMTP traffic that crosses their network to an external service, such as iCloud. If your service provider blocks SMTP traffic, ask them how you can be exempted from SMTP blocking."

If you find this doesn't resolve the issue, your next best step is to Contact Apple Support to look into this further.

Cheers.

Apr 2, 2019 2:03 AM in response to CarlAVII

Yes, the email works just fine in webmail on iCloud.com, phones and iPad. 

This problem is only on my stationary computers (iMacs).

Both running the latest version och Mojave (but the problem came up earlier in Mojave.

• I´ve deleted the icloud account and added it again.
  • Tried the check and uncheck the box for mail.
  • restart in safe mode
  • Tried a new fresh account

Doesn´t work.

One more strange thing is when I´m denied to send e-mail, I can see the e-mail on iCloud.com in Drafts....that should be some kind of indication. 

Cant send e-mail with the server iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.