Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR smart battery case, iOS updates failed multiple times

FWIW, a word of caution, if performing an update via iTunes, remove the smart battery case.

I had problems performing the recent 12.2 update, with my XR, in a Apple Smart battery case, connected to iTunes on my MBA. It failed 4-5 times, called Apple support with minimal progress, tried different ports, cables, and even tried to use iTunes on my wife's MBA, same errors. Also, the iPhone continually displayed the "connect to iTunes" screen, even after performing a reset.

After 3+ hours of frustration, was packing up for a 55 minute trip to the Genius Bar, and decided to try again by removing the smart battery case, and low and behold it worked.

Guess I'll have to see if the smart battery case can be diagnosed for problems.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 9:26 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem. I figured out and I found your post. Sorry about your waisted time. It worked well without the smart battery case which is not very smart.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone XR smart battery case, iOS updates failed multiple times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.