Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light bleeding through iPad Pro screen

There is a portion at the bottom of my iPad Pro screen where light is bleeding through. It is about 1 1/2 inches long horizontally above the home screen button. Has anyone else had this problem?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 8:25 AM

The OP's query relates to a screen defect. As such, a screenshot will fail to capture/demonstrate the problem. An actual photograph of the screen, taken by another device, would be a more capable proposition in illustrating the problem.

6 replies

May 15, 2019 1:51 PM in response to mepowell1975

I have this problem too. And it happened before on the same iPad Pro model. Apple replaced the first one. When I took this one to the Genius Bar, the Apple rep said it was unusual and b/c the original warranty expired plus the 90 day on the replacement they would not do anything more. I said a google search shows this is a problem with the Pro and given it happened twice clearly demonstrates a design flaw. I am surprised that Apple will not admit the flaw and support its customers.

If your iPad Pro is still under warranty, see if they will replace it. If not, they wont’ help. My next tablet will be a Surface.

May 15, 2019 2:18 PM in response to Umpherous

I hope you enjoy the Surface. It's certainly a good alternative and having choices is certainly good.

I do hope you don't get one of the Surface Pro's which don't need to be put in the freezer, to stop the screens from constantly flickering. You see, there is no mobile device, which can't suffer some issue. Mobile devices, which an iPad is, get moved around, banged around, stuffed in backpacks, dropped, etc.

Personally, I'd rather suffer a little light bleed than have a device which flickers constantly.

Your choice of course.

Cheers!

Light bleeding through iPad Pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.