Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete partition after failed windows install using boot camp

Basically what happened is i deleted windows from my mac with bootcamp,and i tried reinstalling it a few hours later,it did not work and it gave me a error saying it could not be made,i tried to delete the failed partition and it did not delete,i had enough space for windows,i could not delete it at all,i even factory reseted my mac about 2 times and still kept the partition trying to remove it is greyed out,i had the option to at first and it did not remove it,and i need to install windows to my mac as i have apps i use daily that are not for mac,and boot camp will NOT install windows because of this partition i can not delete,i am using mac os mojave

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 12:10 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 1, 2019 12:23 PM in response to Beckzx

It sounds like you may need to restart your Mac in Recovery Mode (turn off, then turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe).

Then I would suggest using Disk Utility to delete the partition that contains the failed Windows install. (This being an option at the 'home screen' for Recovery that is just a 'macOS Utilities' window with four options)

Cannot delete partition after failed windows install using boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.