Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working for Apple Pay

Face ID not working for Apple Pay, but all other apps it works fine. When opening my wallet I get the message "Face ID or Passcode Required to Pay!" Can anyone help? It's worked in the past but the last month or so this is the problem.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 7:06 PM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2019 4:39 PM in response to bobbylyman

You're welcome. Sorry that the tips in the articles didn't solve your problem. Perhaps the article below will cover any tips not included in the other two.

How to fix Apple iPhone X Face ID feature that is not working [Troubleshooting Guide] - iKream

If none solve the problem, the I'd suggest you Contact Apple Support , or make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store. Find Locations

Apr 3, 2019 3:58 PM in response to seanachai51

Thanks for the information but neither of those articles help. Face ID is working properly on all other apps it just isn't working when using Apple Pay through the wallet app. When I double click the right button on my iPhone X running the current software 12.2 (the same results were happening when I was running 12.1) the Face ID scans my face but then I get the notification "Face ID or Passcode Required to Pay!". Again, Face ID is working in all other instances which I use it.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Face ID not working for Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.