Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Workout Playlist Won't Shuffle

I have an Apple Watch series 4. When I have a Workout Playlist enabled, I cannot get the playlist to shuffle. It always starts at the beginning of the playlist and will not shuffle. The playlist shuffles fine if I start it the music app and then start my workout. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 4:43 PM

Tap on the currently playing song so that you see the primary Music player view of album art, pause, play, forward, and back buttons. Swipe up on the album art play screen to reveal the extra buttons for Shuffle and Repeat. Tap on the Shuffle button to turn shuffle OFF or ON .

Make sure you have the latest updates IOS12.2 for the iPhone and OS 5.2 for the Apple Watch. If it still does not perform as desired reset your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2019 4:43 PM in response to UWcbus

Tap on the currently playing song so that you see the primary Music player view of album art, pause, play, forward, and back buttons. Swipe up on the album art play screen to reveal the extra buttons for Shuffle and Repeat. Tap on the Shuffle button to turn shuffle OFF or ON .

Make sure you have the latest updates IOS12.2 for the iPhone and OS 5.2 for the Apple Watch. If it still does not perform as desired reset your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

Apple Watch Workout Playlist Won't Shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.