Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave blank screen of death

I have a 2013 iMac and after an attemp to install Mojave I got an unusable computer. It gave me a blank screen. Absolutely nothing. So what is next for our computers that are running just fine on Sierra? No more updates to keep our computer safe? No more support? I guess it is time to nix the iMac and get a windows pc again. I would not recommend Mac to anybody now. My husband has a windows machine with 10 on it and it works like a dream. But with mine ... Apple keeps on trying to update my machine with the unusable "Mojave".. Apple has failed a lot of Mac users with this Apple platform. Not a smart decision Apple. How come you could not make a different format for all the older (still working great) iMacs in circulation,? because Apple wants to chip our HD so they can bank on repairs. SHAME!!!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 6:50 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 4, 2019 8:08 AM in response to DonH49

You cannot leave it alone when you are prompted to update your OS ... Why isn't apple capable of recognizing my computer and the hardware I have.. and prompt me with the appropriate update. I left windows because Apple just worked and had all their own software and hardware that WORKED TOGETHER... now I LOL

Apr 4, 2019 8:16 AM in response to LynDee61

To not get "bothered" do as I do, uncheck all the boxes in the App Store pane or if using Mojave the SW updates pane. BUT....read current Apple news from good sites such as 9to5 Mac and check box the pane and do the updates then uncheck the box. Not too tedious.

OR. do as I do go to Apple support DOWNLOADS and install software on you r own time.

AND....no system windows or Mac is totally 100% satisfying. I just use the one of least resistance.

Mojave blank screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.