Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues with Mac

I was trying to clean my hd in figuring that would fix my issues with slowness and clean whatever that might be on the mac , but can't seem to reinstall Mac os el-capitain. When erasing the hd for ox x extended journaled it managed to do it and thought everything was fine when reinstalling el-capitain.

Just when I was asked to sign in to iTunes it was loading slow and had to force shut down.

After that I keep on getting an error message telling me that I don't have the packages to install el-capitain.

The hd appears to be fine when it's labeled as Mac hd. But the Hitachi hd media part is not being recognized or repairable on the info list.

The hd can't possibly be fft if it's still booting and able to go on recover mode so what would be the problem? Any help will do. Thank you.

(it's an early 2009 version of imac if anyone was wondering)

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 9:32 PM

• Okay, please restart the computer in the Recovery Partition (hold down Command + R on Startup)
  • Open Disk Utilities
  • Run First Aid 2-3 times and look for any errors.
  • If any errors occur that means the HD should be replaced. However on a 2009 which is EXTREMELY old you should invest your time and money towards a replacement.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 9:32 PM in response to NathanRedfield

• Okay, please restart the computer in the Recovery Partition (hold down Command + R on Startup)
  • Open Disk Utilities
  • Run First Aid 2-3 times and look for any errors.
  • If any errors occur that means the HD should be replaced. However on a 2009 which is EXTREMELY old you should invest your time and money towards a replacement.

issues with Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.