Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iwatch dies at 100% battery?

Hello everyone,

I have the iwatch series 2 42mm which I've owned for approx. 1 year and 3 months.

iOS 5.2 Model A1758

Just this week my watch seem to start having issues. Randomly after taking it off the charge in the morning and going to work, I started to notice my watch dying in two hours, no low battery mode, nothing, just a black screen. I could not hard reset or anything, it was just black.

I came home, put it on the charger and the watch started up with a green lighting bolt snake. I then did a hard reset while the watch is on the charger which showed the apple icon and booted up as it would normally. I noticed my battery was at 100% so I was confused as to why the watch died in the first place.

After noticing the battery was at 100%, I took it off the charger, and after 2 minutes, the watch would shut down and turn completely black and become completely unresponsive and won't do anything unless I do a hard reset while it's on the charger. While on the charger and hard resetting, it would would turn on. Again... normally and show 100% battery then die...

I've unpaired the device, rebooted and cleared the entire thing and did a clean setup. I've even updated to the latest iOS thinking it was a software issue and tried numerous hard resets.

Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Please advise,

Thank you!

Jin

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2019 12:08 AM

Sounds if you need to replace your battery. Make appointment with your local Apple Store for them to look at. Read below to help you

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204640

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 11, 2019 10:23 PM in response to seanfromllanelli

Doesn't seem like I needed to replace my battery.

***For anyone experiencing the same issue***

I called Apple support which wasn't really helpful. They ran diagnostic test over the phone to tell me my battery was "fine" but had "errors" but didn't say what the errors were, they wanted me to schedule an appointment with my local Apple Store.

April 6th, I woke up and my watch was stuck at 100% the entire day, 10+ hours and eventually died. Because it wasn't dying so quick anymore, I looked for new solutions for this specific problem of apple watches being stuck at 100% battery..

Solution:

After the watch died, I left it alone off the charger for 3 days to ensure it was completely dead. I put it back on the charger and it began charging and eventually booted up normally by itself without a hard reset.

It's been two days and the watch is back to normal.

iwatch dies at 100% battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.