Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing I Tunes library to two iphones

I have one itunes library on my (windows) computer. I can sync all of my music with my iphone but when I try and sync my wife's iphone I don't get the option to check items to sync. Instead I get a window saying "(name of phone) can access your icloud music library. Songs can be downloaded and played via wifi or cellular network" We have a family Apple Music subscription and although I can see all of the music we own including music in the library not purchased from apple on my iphone, on my wifes phone we can only see apple purchased music.

So my question is how do you sync the entire library two two iphones that have separate apple id's?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 10:29 AM

See Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music. If iCloud Music Library is enabled on the device then it has access to everything in the user's iCloud Music Library and isn't synced directly with iTunes. Managing content for two Apple IDs on one computer generally won't work for reasons covered in Authorization vs. association - Apple Community, but if all the media your wife needs to access is currently on your computer you could turn off iCloud Music Library on her device, sync selected content to it, then enable iCloud Music Library to access new Apple Music content on it.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2019 10:29 AM in response to AlanMac55

See Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music. If iCloud Music Library is enabled on the device then it has access to everything in the user's iCloud Music Library and isn't synced directly with iTunes. Managing content for two Apple IDs on one computer generally won't work for reasons covered in Authorization vs. association - Apple Community, but if all the media your wife needs to access is currently on your computer you could turn off iCloud Music Library on her device, sync selected content to it, then enable iCloud Music Library to access new Apple Music content on it.

tt2

Syncing I Tunes library to two iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.