Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Beats X just stopped working, charged but will not power up

my beats x just stopped working. charged but will not power up

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 1:01 PM

Hi fredsalive,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I saw your message about your BeatsX, and I'm glad to see how I can help out.

Knowing that your Beats are charging is helpful. Have you tried the steps from this resource, titled Reset your Beats earphones, to see if that makes a difference?

"Reset BeatsX

1. Hold down both the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds.
  2. When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again."

In some cases, updating your Beats by connecting them to a computer might resolve issues like this. Check out this link for the steps: Update the firmware of your Beats product

If there's no change in your BeatsX powering on after you try these steps, I recommend that you use this link to Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2019 1:01 PM in response to fredsalive

Hi fredsalive,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I saw your message about your BeatsX, and I'm glad to see how I can help out.

Knowing that your Beats are charging is helpful. Have you tried the steps from this resource, titled Reset your Beats earphones, to see if that makes a difference?

"Reset BeatsX

1. Hold down both the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds.
  2. When the LED indicator light flashes, release the buttons. Your earphones are now reset and ready to be set up with your devices again."

In some cases, updating your Beats by connecting them to a computer might resolve issues like this. Check out this link for the steps: Update the firmware of your Beats product

If there's no change in your BeatsX powering on after you try these steps, I recommend that you use this link to Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Cheers!

My Beats X just stopped working, charged but will not power up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.