Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to update apple credentials

Two Comcast techs were here to replace modem. They managed to screw up my access to Apple Mail.

I cannot send mail and if I try, a popup advise that I cannot connect to the account comcast.net. I am asked to enter the password for my Comcast user name and after I winter a correct password, Comcast tells me that it cannot verify account name or password. As an aside, Comcast does manage to deposit the charges I pay each month.

Comcast tech help write that I must update my credentials in Apple Mail to continue sending from Apple Mail. I have no idea how to do that. HELP!!

Comcast techs also write that a third part email client is being used to access my Ccmcast mail???

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 11:49 AM

Open your email app. Locate you account entry and delete it from the list. Create a new account entry using the Comcast servers for incoming and outgoing servers. Use your email username and password. You should find a help page on the Comcast site that contains the server addresses needed along with instructions for configuring your email application if it is not Apple Mail.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2019 11:49 AM in response to BosworthField

Open your email app. Locate you account entry and delete it from the list. Create a new account entry using the Comcast servers for incoming and outgoing servers. Use your email username and password. You should find a help page on the Comcast site that contains the server addresses needed along with instructions for configuring your email application if it is not Apple Mail.

how to update apple credentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.