Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail can't verify user name or password

I have a valid id and password that lets me sign in to comcast.net, my ISP. But when I provide that to the internet accounts system pref, it says it cannot verify the account name or password. I need this in order to have Apple Mail access the email address on Comcast. This has worked well in the past and suddenly Appe Mail is giving that message.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:58 AM

Open Keychain Access and select the login keychain.

Search for an entry for that Comcast account and delete it. You may have other entries that use your email address as a username--don't delete those, just the one specifically for the email account at Comcast.

Then, try entering it again.

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 29, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Barney-15E

Once I started Keychain Access with the login keychain, I saw many entries listed for the iCloud keychain and others from the login keychain. I can't see which to delete. There are several named mail.comcast.net and I could perhaps select the one with the most recent modification date. But at this point I want to avoid further errors and don't know which to delete.

Apple mail can't verify user name or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.