Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up for Exchange email address wont verify in Apple Mail

Wondering if anyone know why I am having trouble setting up an email address in Apple Mail (Version 10.3 (3273).

Was advised by the email service provider to choose 'Exchange' to set it up but Mail is saying it can't verify username or password. It set up fine on my iphone with the same details, just not on my Macbook for some reason.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 8:55 AM

Mac Mail has trouble with previously stored passwords if the account was ever setup before & PW was changed, also has issue with some Port numbers or protocols, plus some providers require an App Password for Mac'sMail & not for iOS's Mail.

Start by removing that account in Sys Prefs>Internet Accounts & restarting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Jans-en252-1

Mac Mail has trouble with previously stored passwords if the account was ever setup before & PW was changed, also has issue with some Port numbers or protocols, plus some providers require an App Password for Mac'sMail & not for iOS's Mail.

Start by removing that account in Sys Prefs>Internet Accounts & restarting.

Set up for Exchange email address wont verify in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.