Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change my colour profile

Hi all,

I encountered a problem when changing my colour profile. The default one is sRGBIEC1966-2.1 rather than colour LCD. And there is no difference after selecting other profiles. In fact I cannot change the profile.

I have tried to reset NVRAM, create another usr account, and change my settings in safe mode. But none of them works. Maybe you guys may have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

OS 10.14.4, duel boot win10

MBP 2018 with touch bar

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 7, 2019 2:17 AM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2019 5:50 AM in response to Community User

Hi Arsradu,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry that I forgot to attach some screenshots before.

1. No, it is the original display without any other issues
  2. No...the other options are still selectable
  3. There is no affect when I tried to select a different one.

Furthermore, when getting back to the colour profile after I select a different one and close the window, the change is not effective. It will be still the sRGB

And some screenshots below for your reference.

Apr 9, 2019 1:35 AM in response to Levi_Liu

Hmm... Well, if the display is the original one (if your Mac was new when you purchased it) then it might be an issue on the OS side.

You could try a little something to test that:

1. if you have some space left on your storage, make a partition of let's say 30GB
  2. install MacOS on that partition.

See if the issue still occurs with a fresh installation. If it does, then it's not the OS, it's something hardware. And you might need to take your mac for repair. If it doesn't, then it is the OS, and you just need to reinstall it on your main partition.

Apr 7, 2019 5:33 AM in response to Levi_Liu

A few more information might help here. :)

1. Did you replace your display?
  2. Are the other options greyed out?
  3. What happens when you try to select a different one? Can you select a different one? :)

Apr 7, 2019 9:03 PM in response to Levi_Liu

Just some updates. I verified my profiles with build-in ColorSync Utility and found around 50 bad profiles. Half of them are in ~/ColorSync Profile, and I fixed them with the tool, while the rest are in adobe/color/profile. It deosnt help.

And I also found a solution that some users reset the color profile with the utility. But for my case... I didnt find any registered display...

Cannot change my colour profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.