Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to OS 12.2.2 now desktop login photo is ugly colors

Until this recent upgrade to Monterey, my login photo was set as a whale photo. Now it is an ugly combination of colors. I change it, turn the MNP off and when I restart it, the same ugly colors appear! How to fix this??

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 7:18 AM

EDITED

In the General Context of previous posting that is correct but the User ( you ) can tun OFF the Guest Account as per picture below.

The Guest account is still present on the computer but will not be presented when the computer is first started from Cold Boot.

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 27, 2022 6:50 AM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips wrote:

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options and set "Display login window as" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

That doesn't happen on my Monterey installs. Not sure what you mean by "not even a guest account". There is always a Guest User account which can't be removed.

Upgraded to OS 12.2.2 now desktop login photo is ugly colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.