Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto cannot connect to fb

I am trying to upload photos from iPhoto to fb but to no avail. iPhoto says "Facebook didnt recognise the login info you entered for the account ..." I have checked and this is correct so I re-enter it and iPhoto says "An unknown error occurred. Please try again later."

How can I solve this?

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 11:10 PM

iPhoto hasn't been updated for more than 3 years now and is a dead product. It was replaced by the newer Photos.app

In that time Facebook have updated their sign-in protocols, and as iPhoto is discontinued and no longer developed, there is not solution except to upload from within Facebook rather than within iPhoto.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2019 11:10 PM in response to imacsupporter

iPhoto hasn't been updated for more than 3 years now and is a dead product. It was replaced by the newer Photos.app

In that time Facebook have updated their sign-in protocols, and as iPhoto is discontinued and no longer developed, there is not solution except to upload from within Facebook rather than within iPhoto.

Apr 18, 2019 10:26 AM in response to imacsupporter

You should be able to access your iPhoto Library directly from Facebook in the Media Browser. After clicking the "Photos/Videos" tab on your Facebook webpage, when the file chooser dialog appears, scroll down in the window, until you are seeing "Media" in the sidebar.

• Click Media, then Photos
  • Wait for the iPhoto Library to appear.
  • Then click iPhoto and select the events or albums you want to open and select your photos.

Do not try to open the iPhoto Library directly in the Pictures folder - use the Media section of the sidebar.

One more thing - you wrote " since I could not locate the actual photos saved within iPhoto when browsing through the application contents in Finder. "

iPhoto is not storing the photos inside the iPhoto application, if that is where you have been looking for the photos. The photos are kept in the iPhoto Library, and this library is stored usually in the Pictures folder in your home folder. The iPhoto Library is what you need to back up to keep your photos safe.

Apr 18, 2019 2:21 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you.

I seem to have identified a solution to continue using iPhoto, since I really like the product. I can export the photo selection I made for facebook in a folder on the desktop and then select and upload these photos from within fb.

I had to use this method since I could not locate the actual photos saved within iPhoto when browsing through the application contents in Finder.

iPhoto cannot connect to fb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.