Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod loses connection frequently when using as Apple TV output

While using my HomePod with my Apple TV as a second audio output (in addition to tv audio), it frequently (multiple times a day) loses the connection and can only be fixed by resetting the HomePod by plugging and unplugging it. I tried removing the HomePod and setting it up as new and it still keeps happening. When I check the HomePod in the Home app when this is happening it usually shows at Paused though sometimes I see not connected.

This is an incredibly frustrating experience and not what I expect from an Apple product.

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 10:57 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 10, 2019 1:35 PM in response to JaminAtl

I know it’s not a good solution and I agree they shouldn’t do this, but they do. They’re just not dependable and no amount of resetting will fix it, because they weren’t right in the first place.

i don’t do resets anymore, waste of time. So I just unplug it for a temp fix. Has the same affect without the extra bother.

You can send feedback to Apple ( they don’t reply though)

Apple Feedback

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

HomePod loses connection frequently when using as Apple TV output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.