Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch screen fell off

My watch screen fell off. No bumps or bangs. The screen has never felt loose. Watch was on my wrist. No apparent reason.

The only thing I did differently to my normal day, was to fly from Heathrow to Mallorca.

Obviously I considered the amount of arm flapping I had to do as I flew... ok, that bit’s not true; I was on a plane.

But there seemed to be no reason why it was now in two pieces, but it refuses to reattach. The screen is still attached to the ribbon and is working fine.

I’ve read that this is a known issue with early models (as this one is), however Apple Support did not suggest this when I spoke with them.

Are Apple still running the free repair/replacement if it is down to an expanding battery? I don’t see the point in paying loads for a new screen.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 6:46 AM

I am not aware of a program by Apple to replace screens that pop off due to a swollen battery. You can call Apple Support to find out their policy regarding that. However, this might be of interest to you..https://support.apple.com/watch/repair/service

2 replies

Watch screen fell off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.