Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to extend my network using an Airport Time Capsule if the main router is not an apple product?

is it possible to extend my network using an Airport Time Capsule if the main router is not an apple product? I haven't been able to.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 5:34 PM

Network Name would be the exact same WiFi network name that the main router is using

Base Station Name is a name that you want to call the AirPort Extreme device

Password would the exact same WiFi password that the main router is using

Verify....enter the same password again to confirm

Click Next and the setup utility will apply the correct settings for the Time Capsule

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2019 5:34 PM in response to XRTB

Network Name would be the exact same WiFi network name that the main router is using

Base Station Name is a name that you want to call the AirPort Extreme device

Password would the exact same WiFi password that the main router is using

Verify....enter the same password again to confirm

Click Next and the setup utility will apply the correct settings for the Time Capsule

Apr 10, 2019 5:06 PM in response to XRTB

is it possible to extend my network using an Airport Time Capsule if the main router is not an apple product?

Yes and No.

Yes, if you connect the Time Capsule to the main router using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection and locate the Time Capsule where it will be needed to provide additional WiFi coverage, then set up the Time Capsule to provide a WiFi network that uses the exact same wireless network name and password that the main router is using.

No, if you are asking if the Time Capsule can connect to the main router using only a WiFi connection and extend the network in that manner.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.