Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is "SymUIAgent.app" a necessary item on my MacBook Pro.

I continue to get a message that "SymUIAgent.app" will not work on future versions on my computer. I work with a macBook Pro late 2013 (Retina, 15-inch) using MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4. I no longer use any Symantec software to my knowledge. When searching for "SymUIAgent.app" I find 2 entires.

"/Library/Application Support/Symantec/SymUIAgent/SymUIAgent.app/Contents/Resources/English.Iproj"

and "Users/eHw/Library/Preferences".

What, if anything, do these do for the wellbeing of my computer. Can I just delete them, or will that cause problems. (There is a Symantec icon on my opening screen menu bar which I have not been able to shut off. I suspect it is related, but have no clue how.)

Thank you for any help you can offer.

elHW

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 8:47 AM

Well this is a generic warning only. You have to do nothing, 32-bit apps continue to work on Mojave.

In the future release of macOS 10.15, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on these future releases.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13 ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

However that said— you need to use the official uninstaller to get rid of all the bits and pieces of Symantec/ AV,

this may require you have to reinstall to uninstall it.

Remove Symantec software for Mac using RemoveSymantecMacFiles

Uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2019 8:47 AM in response to elHw

Well this is a generic warning only. You have to do nothing, 32-bit apps continue to work on Mojave.

In the future release of macOS 10.15, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on these future releases.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13 ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

However that said— you need to use the official uninstaller to get rid of all the bits and pieces of Symantec/ AV,

this may require you have to reinstall to uninstall it.

Remove Symantec software for Mac using RemoveSymantecMacFiles

Uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Mac

Is "SymUIAgent.app" a necessary item on my MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.