Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id message on all devices

Today, when I enter my apple id password on one device, I get a message on my other devices that someone is using my apple id to sign into a device in New York, NY. I am in South Carolina. Interestingly, I was on a website where my zip code is usually showing (to give information specific to my area )like shipping info) and it showed 10001 instead of my zip code. I checked and this is a New York password. I don't know if my apple id is actually compromised, or if my computer is confused about my location. I have had no changes in my ISP or anything like that. I am getting this message on my macBook Pro, my iPad Air, and my iPhone XR.

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 12:13 PM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error.

5 replies

apple id message on all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.