Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos in "slideshow" mode takes 15-20 seconds

When I look through a folder of jpg photos, clicking "Command delete" deletes the photo, but it brings up the spinning beachball and it is about 15 to 20 seconds before it will allow the buttons to advance again. For what is it worth, using Graphic Converter in it's slide show mode, the same thing happens. I have contacted the developer of Graphic Converter and he knows of no reason for this. (It used to be instantaneous as well.)

I am using the latest version of Mojave and have re-started in "recovery" mode and used "disk utility" and it reported no problems. Checkmate reports no problems. Tech Tool Pro 11 reports no problems.

I am baffled!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 6:43 AM

Hello NIMSkull,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue with your Mac freezing when you are deleting a picture. I'm happy to provide you some information.

Here is a resource that can help you:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Please let us know if you are still having issues after reviewing the links.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2019 6:43 AM in response to NIMSkull

Hello NIMSkull,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue with your Mac freezing when you are deleting a picture. I'm happy to provide you some information.

Here is a resource that can help you:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Please let us know if you are still having issues after reviewing the links.

Have a great day!

Deleting photos in "slideshow" mode takes 15-20 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.