Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync Safari bookmarks with iCloud

Hi,

I’m unable to sync bookmarks via iCloud on my iPad and iPhone. If I add a Bookmark on iPhone I want it to show up on iPad and vice verca.

The Safari toggle in iCloud settings are turned on on both devices. Tried to turn off and on but didnt help.

Any idea?

iPad iOS 10.3.3 (latest version)

iphone iOS 12.2

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 2:01 PM

6 replies

Apr 15, 2019 7:14 AM in response to Opppppp

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Opppppp.

If I understand your post correctly, bookmarks are not syncing with iCloud between your iPhone and iPad. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Apr 18, 2019 7:13 AM in response to Opppppp

Hello Opppppp.

I'd like to ask a few questions so we can better assist.

Are you following these steps to create Bookmarks?

Bookmark favorite webpages in Safari on iPhone

Once you've created a bookmark, are you able to find and use that bookmark on the device it was created on? You mentioned using an iPhone and an iPad; are you able to see any bookmarks on either device that were created on the other device?

Have you tried signing out of iCloud and back in on each device?

Cheers.

Apr 20, 2019 9:59 AM in response to Opppppp

Hi,

I've got the same problem between my iPad 4 (10.3.3) and my Macs (10.14.4) + iPhone 7 (12.2).

I can sync my Calendar, Contacts, Safari Bookmarks across all my Macs and iPhone.

However I cannot sync my Safari bookmarks on my "old" iPad 4.

This is NOT a bug but this has been carefully planed by Apple who want us to update our devices (i.e. BUY new devices) !

I'm afraid this company is not making the right choices since Steve Job's death.

See another thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250229405?page=1

Unable to sync Safari bookmarks with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.