Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro pink bars

Good Afternoon,

I tried waking my laptop from sleep this afternoon and saw this on the screen. What could have possibly gone wrong? I also get a “whoosh” sound on powering it off.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 2:36 PM

Hello, Themlnoob.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding you want to know why the display on your MacBook has pink bars on it. Something like this may or may not be explained unless you've observed something happened, for example, dropping the MacBook or you loaded up software. However, we may need to get this inspected by a technician if the issue is related to hardware. To start, I got some steps though that may help you narrow down the issue.

Does this issue persist after restarting and/or during booting?

You can try seeing if a reset SMC and NVRAM could help:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

If the screen doesn't change with these steps, I'd get it in to be looked at. Here's a link to help you locate a nearby Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider: Find Locations

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2019 2:36 PM in response to Themlnoob

Hello, Themlnoob.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding you want to know why the display on your MacBook has pink bars on it. Something like this may or may not be explained unless you've observed something happened, for example, dropping the MacBook or you loaded up software. However, we may need to get this inspected by a technician if the issue is related to hardware. To start, I got some steps though that may help you narrow down the issue.

Does this issue persist after restarting and/or during booting?

You can try seeing if a reset SMC and NVRAM could help:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

If the screen doesn't change with these steps, I'd get it in to be looked at. Here's a link to help you locate a nearby Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider: Find Locations

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

macbook pro pink bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.