Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Touch Bar has green tint and certain options burnt onto the Touch Bar.

My MacBook Pro Touch Bar has this green/blue tint and looks really weird. It also has certain options "burnt" into the screen too (like the option used to adjust brightness). This happened to me randomly and I don't know why. Please help if you can.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 9:18 AM

Closeknot wrote:

My MacBook Pro Touch Bar has this green/blue tint and looks really weird. It also has certain options "burnt" into the screen too (like the option used to adjust brightness). This happened to me randomly and I don't know why. Please help if you can.

You do not say what exact Mac is this...

for Intel—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

for M1/M2—

there is no SMC or MVRAM on M1/M2

for SoC Mac- SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If no insight/resolve/or change it typically indicates a hardware issue:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2022 9:18 AM in response to Closeknot

Closeknot wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac is this...

for Intel—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

for M1/M2—

there is no SMC or MVRAM on M1/M2

for SoC Mac- SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If no insight/resolve/or change it typically indicates a hardware issue:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Macbook Pro Touch Bar has green tint and certain options burnt onto the Touch Bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.