Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Check - "Album mode" in Apple Music doesn't work in iPhone

Sound Check should normalize the volume of all tracks to the same average loudness. It kind of works for individual tracks (like in a playlist, radio or shuffle playback). But in sound normalization there is also "Album mode" which should change the average loudness of an album, maintaining the relative loudness differences between tracks. For example if track one is a quiet intro, followed by a full-blasting orchestra or a metal song, then the intro loudness should not be increased to match the main track. In Apple Music on iOS it doesn't work.

Could you guys check on your phones/ipads if you also have this bug:

Pink Floyd, "The Wall". Track "Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 3" (loud one) is followed by a very quiet "Goodbye Cruel World". Two tracks are connected and seque into each other. Without "Sound Check" enabled, the second one is much quieter (as it should be). With "Sound Check" turned on on iPhone, there is an abrupt loudness increase at the beginning of "Goodbye Cruel world", as it normalizes it in a track mode, instead of album.

On iTunes it works correctly: on playlists or shuffle the track mode works. On album playback the album mode works correctly and in "The Wall" the tracks mentioned above have proper relative loudness.

Anyone can confirm if you have the same bug? If you have it, how can we EFFECTIVELY report it to Apple to be fixed? I mean - to someone who actually will understand what we're talking about. I guess an average guy/gal in phone support won't understand a word of what I wrote above and will instruct you to reset your phone. log out/in, etc. Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 6:55 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Sound Check - "Album mode" in Apple Music doesn't work in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.