Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 12.2 iPhone 7 plus battery drain

I have updated my iPhone 7 plus to the IOS 12.2. Since then i have a major problem with my phone battery. Now it becomes my nightmare. My battery is draining in a blink. Even if I don’t use the phone it is still draining. Before updating to the latest version my battery health was 85%+ but now it changed to 67% ! I’m so disappointed. Please fix the problem or at least make a way to downgrade to the previous IOS version?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 9:39 PM

If your battery health is down to 67% I'd highly recommend if you plan to keep the phone that you get a battery replacement...

My wife had her battery drop from 98% capacity to 80% over night, luckily Apple did identify it as a bad battery and warranty replaced it but same basic concept.

You need to consider that as with all devices that use batteries, they do degrade over time, use, and charging cycles so if you realize with at 67% battery health your phone now has lost 43% of it's capacity it would explain the loss of battery time.

Downgrading an OS will not affect battery health as this is the physical degradation of the battery itself, not software (the software is simply reporting the health from the SMC on the phone.)

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I hope it explains what is happening!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 9:39 PM in response to ShiDew

If your battery health is down to 67% I'd highly recommend if you plan to keep the phone that you get a battery replacement...

My wife had her battery drop from 98% capacity to 80% over night, luckily Apple did identify it as a bad battery and warranty replaced it but same basic concept.

You need to consider that as with all devices that use batteries, they do degrade over time, use, and charging cycles so if you realize with at 67% battery health your phone now has lost 43% of it's capacity it would explain the loss of battery time.

Downgrading an OS will not affect battery health as this is the physical degradation of the battery itself, not software (the software is simply reporting the health from the SMC on the phone.)

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I hope it explains what is happening!

IOS 12.2 iPhone 7 plus battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.