Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding different music selections to a photo slideshow

Mac OS Mojave

Photos 4.0

iTunes 12.9

iMovies 10.1

I've made a long photo slideshow(350 photos) and would like to have different music selections play at different points in the slide show. From other posts it would appear that if I export to iMovies, this can be done but I need a simple step by step tutorial on how to do it.

Thanks

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2019 9:46 AM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2019 12:38 PM in response to tireddoc

Hi,

I assume that you have created your slideshow in the photos app. If so, follow these steps:

1. Open the slideshow in Photos.
  2. Click on the Export button in the upper right hand side of your screen.
  3. Choose desktop as the destination.
  4. Click Save. (It will save to your desktop as an m4v movie that works in iMovie.)
  5. Open iMovie
  6. Open a project in iMovie (Click on Projects button at top of screen and then click on the gray icon with the + sign and select to create a movie).
  7. Drag your slideshow from your desktop to the timeline of the iMovie project you just created.
  8. Add your music to the audio timeline just below the video time line.
  9. Position your audio clips where you want them.
  10. Trim and edit your audio clips as you want.
  11. Share out as a File to your desktop.

Here's a link to an online help menu with a good search feature that will explain in more detail, if you need it, the different steps involved in the above procedures.

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/

-- Rich

Adding different music selections to a photo slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.