Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri answers: "There is a connection error, please try again later".

Siri isn't working correctly on my Late 2016 MacBook Pro 13" with TouchBar. When I start Siri, I can hear the beep and see the amplitude but there is no answer. After a few seconds it will respond: "There is a connection error, please try again later". I already checked my internet and Wifi connection, it works fine. The microphone isn't responsible either, as it is working, too. The only thing that helps is restart or just logging off the user account and logging back in. The problem occured in Mac OS Sierra/High Sierra and still occurs in Mac OS Mojave (10.14.4). I can't find anything on this issue somewhere else so I really hope someone can help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 6:12 AM

You have a very old system extension, and it seems to be input related, which makes it a likely cause for your problem:

Kernel Extensions:

/Library/Extensions

AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext (Ambrosia Software, Inc., 4.1.4 - SDK 10.11)

/System/Library/Extensions

SteamInputX.kext (3083.39.61 - SDK 10.8)

Notice that it is installed in /System/Library/Extensions, which is a location that has been disallowed for years, and it was built with the SDK 10.8 - targetting Mountain Lion.

I'd try uninstalling this, and see if it helps.

Drag it to the trash, authenticate when requested, and restart your mac.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2019 6:12 AM in response to JohannCWK

You have a very old system extension, and it seems to be input related, which makes it a likely cause for your problem:

Kernel Extensions:

/Library/Extensions

AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext (Ambrosia Software, Inc., 4.1.4 - SDK 10.11)

/System/Library/Extensions

SteamInputX.kext (3083.39.61 - SDK 10.8)

Notice that it is installed in /System/Library/Extensions, which is a location that has been disallowed for years, and it was built with the SDK 10.8 - targetting Mountain Lion.

I'd try uninstalling this, and see if it helps.

Drag it to the trash, authenticate when requested, and restart your mac.

Siri answers: "There is a connection error, please try again later".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.