Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to expand zip file on mac

Hi, I tried using Archive Utility but it was throwing the same error. Wasn't able to expand my file. SO i used another application (The Unarchiver) which is also free in Appstore. It works fine for me.I will suggest you to try this.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 4:30 AM

I tried that but it wasn't working for me. was showing this error (Unable to expand "abc.zip" into "folderName". Error1 - Operation not permitted.). I googled the solution but wasn't able to find anything. Even there was a terminal option (to unzip by writing a command), that didn't work for me either. The zip file wasn't password protected. So, i came up with this solution. hence, was trying to inform others if they face this issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2019 4:30 AM in response to VikingOSX

I tried that but it wasn't working for me. was showing this error (Unable to expand "abc.zip" into "folderName". Error1 - Operation not permitted.). I googled the solution but wasn't able to find anything. Even there was a terminal option (to unzip by writing a command), that didn't work for me either. The zip file wasn't password protected. So, i came up with this solution. hence, was trying to inform others if they face this issue.

Unable to expand zip file on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.