Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound from iPhone not going to HomePod

The iPhone 8 Plus is unable to play music to the HomePod. I followed this article from Apple and make sure to follow each step: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208241

But the iPhone won't even see the HomePod on the music app as an output for sound.

The iPad can play output sound to the HomePod but when I asked Siri to play songs in my library she was saying that my library is empty.

Please advise on how can I ask siri to play songs on the iPad and iPhone.

HomePod

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 6:28 AM

If your router has client or wireless isolation features you should disable these so that devices on your network can see each other. If you think the HomePod has been set up correctly then reboot your router, iOS devices, and power the HomePod off and on again, then try once more. If you still cannot use AirPlay try changing your AirPlay settings or see Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 6:28 AM in response to miyalung

If your router has client or wireless isolation features you should disable these so that devices on your network can see each other. If you think the HomePod has been set up correctly then reboot your router, iOS devices, and power the HomePod off and on again, then try once more. If you still cannot use AirPlay try changing your AirPlay settings or see Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

Apr 23, 2019 11:59 PM in response to miyalung

• Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Keychain and iCloud need to be turned on as outlined in the article you linked.

• You might try toggling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off and back on (on iPad and iPhone) and reset network settings on both as well.
  • You could also try signing out of iCloud Apple ID on HomePod in settings and sign back in.

• unplug HomePod , plug back in

Sound from iPhone not going to HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.