Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription

I downloaded a video app to throw some pictures together. I made one video within 10 minutes and then deleted the app. I was unaware that there was a subscription fee of 32.01 after one week. I was charged for this without using the app again and Apple will not refund me the money. Is there anything else I can try and do to replace the money?

-Grace

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 11:01 AM

Typically apps with free trials set up an auto-renewing subscription which you need to manually revoke before it is first called on if you don't want to continue with the subscription at the end of the trial. See View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support for details on how to cancel any upcoming renewals. Removing an app or not using it are not sufficient to prevent scheduled charges.

In principle all completed sales are final, however you can potentially request a refund via https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ for a recent unexpected payment that was taken, particularly if you can argue that you haven't made any use of the service and were unaware that the subscription had been created. If Apple have turned you down you could appeal to the developer, but I can guess what their position is likely to be.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 11:01 AM in response to Grace_7

Typically apps with free trials set up an auto-renewing subscription which you need to manually revoke before it is first called on if you don't want to continue with the subscription at the end of the trial. See View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support for details on how to cancel any upcoming renewals. Removing an app or not using it are not sufficient to prevent scheduled charges.

In principle all completed sales are final, however you can potentially request a refund via https://reportaproblem.apple.com/ for a recent unexpected payment that was taken, particularly if you can argue that you haven't made any use of the service and were unaware that the subscription had been created. If Apple have turned you down you could appeal to the developer, but I can guess what their position is likely to be.

tt2

Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.