Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2018 does not start up/monitor issue

I just want to report that, after having lots of troubles with starting my new Mac Mini, I defined a procedure that makes it start up every time: I disconnect everything at the back except the HDMI monitor, Ethernet network and USB keyboard (with mouse). It starts up every time. Then, I can connect the rest (second 22' 2K monitor via VGA adapter to USB C, USB printer and external HDD USB disk)

As it is not very convenient (in order to limit wearing off the connectors), I only do this about once a week or when I suspect the Mac needs a reboot.

(Monitor: Samsung S22F350 (2k HDMI); Mac mini (2018) 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630, upgraded to 500 GB SSD; Mojave 10.14.4)

Hope it helps out there...

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 12:22 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 24, 2019 6:58 AM in response to ManoloMatos

If I understand correctly, you have two S22F350 Samsung Monitors that have HDMI and VGA inputs?

one is connected HDMI to HDMI and the second is connected USB-C to VGA.

If so, then I would try connecting the second monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable instead of VGA,

or.... optionally connect them both to USB-C using two USB-C to HDMI cables.

Mac mini 2018 does not start up/monitor issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.