Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is TaskFresh?

Had an installation for TaskFresh pop up this morning? What is it?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 11:56 AM

Loracar wrote:

My TaskFresh loaded when I updated Adobe Flash Player. This is the second Malware type app that has come packaged with Adobe. First one was that MacCleaner which was a pain to get rid of. Hopefully this one is easier. Getting a lot of these since changing to Mojave.

For the sake of others coming across this Discussion I strongly suggest reviewing Beware bogus Adobe Flash "installers" - Apple Community.

Although no one should be using Adobe Flash Player any more, the scourge of adware is completely, totally unrelated to it. Although Adobe's products may be inefficient and outdated, they are not in the business of disseminating malware.

Nothing gets installed on a Mac without its Administrator's willing consent. Don't be a victim.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2019 11:56 AM in response to Loracar

Loracar wrote:

My TaskFresh loaded when I updated Adobe Flash Player. This is the second Malware type app that has come packaged with Adobe. First one was that MacCleaner which was a pain to get rid of. Hopefully this one is easier. Getting a lot of these since changing to Mojave.

For the sake of others coming across this Discussion I strongly suggest reviewing Beware bogus Adobe Flash "installers" - Apple Community.

Although no one should be using Adobe Flash Player any more, the scourge of adware is completely, totally unrelated to it. Although Adobe's products may be inefficient and outdated, they are not in the business of disseminating malware.

Nothing gets installed on a Mac without its Administrator's willing consent. Don't be a victim.

Apr 29, 2019 5:39 AM in response to henny2009

It cannot install itself without you being involved. What it can do is activate cached Javascript in your web browser. If Safari, you can quit Safari, then relaunch Safari while holding the "Shift" key to clear the Safari cache.

MalwareBytes is a good tool for removing adware and the few other annoying things that can get onto a Mac via tricks that get the user to install them.

EtreCheck is very helpful to the forum in that it helps provide generic information about your Mac so the forum volunteers can help diagnose a system. Post and EtreCheck output in an Additional Text box

Apr 28, 2019 5:12 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I had this popping up yesterday and it actually installed itself without specific authorization. It happened after I woke the Mac from sleep and keyed in PW to do so. It installed as a Safari browser extension and also showed up in the 'Applications' folder. Moved it to trash from there and emptied trash but it re-installed itself after starting up MB again the next day. I did not knowingly download anything for installation. What exactly is this? Does anyone have a suggestion of how to remove it completely?

What is TaskFresh?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.