Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Drive on a partition

I need to install an older version of the Mac OS on a partition of my hard drive. My copy of FileMaker Pro stopped working when I did my last upgrade of Mac OS. If I could boot up with El Capitan my copy of FileMaker would work again.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 11:28 AM

You can make a bootable USB stick to install using these free programs which will do all the work for you. Then boot off the USB stick by restarting with the option/alt key held down and selecting the USB stick. See if that will allow you to install it on the new partition.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X      Disk Creator   or use Apple’s method       Create a bootable installer for OS

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2019 11:28 AM in response to Lakerobert

You can make a bootable USB stick to install using these free programs which will do all the work for you. Then boot off the USB stick by restarting with the option/alt key held down and selecting the USB stick. See if that will allow you to install it on the new partition.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X      Disk Creator   or use Apple’s method       Create a bootable installer for OS

Boot Drive on a partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.