Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message in FaceTime: " No Video FaceTime has not received any video from the connected camera..." How do I fix it ?

Today I received the following message twice in FaceTime " No Video FaceTime has not received any video from the connected camera. Restarting your Computer may fix this issue."

How do I fix the problem ?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 24, 2019 7:35 PM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2019 4:39 PM in response to jana41

Hey jana41,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you’re receiving an error message in FaceTime on your Mac, and I’d love to share some information that should help.

First, be sure that your Mac supports FaceTime. Here’s what you need to make a FaceTime call: FaceTime requirements on Mac

Next, follow each step on the section, “If your camera or microphone doesn’t work” in this Apple Support article: If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac

If the issue persists, try using FaceTime in another user account. If video doesn’t work in multiple apps and user accounts, you may want to run an Apple Diagnostics test (or Apple Hardware Test if your Mac was introduced before June 2013) to isolate a hardware issue: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac

Take care.

Apr 28, 2019 10:22 AM in response to jana41

jana41,

It sounds like you took the right steps to run an Apple Hardware Test. However, did you keep pressing the “D” key until you saw the Apple Hardware Test icon as explained here: How to use Apple Hardware Test on your Mac

If the test discovers hardware issues, I recommend carrying it in to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store. Use these steps to find locations near you: Find Locations

If the test doesn’t find a hardware issue, I suggest reinstalling the operating system using macOS Recovery: About macOS Recovery. Before doing so, be sure your data is backed up: Back up your Mac

Cheers.

Apr 28, 2019 12:47 PM in response to rose_10

After pressing the "d" key I was frozen in "Starting Internet Recovery".

When I pressed "Option" + "d" key, "Starting Internet Recovery" was started and after 5 minutes, the Apple Hardware Test (Version 3A222) was suddenly displayed. I did the test.

Test Results: "Alert ! Apple Hardware Test has detected an error. 4SNS/1/40000000.TH00-9.000"

I think, it is about the Fan, which is really loud and not so loud, but never quiet.

I will try to reinstall the operating system using macOS Recovery over WiFi. My Ethernet is broken on the Mac.

I will follow your link.

( Sometimes I misunderstand the instructions on the Apple website. For example: Press the "D" key, I thought it means pressing "shift" + "d" key. Suddenly I was in Safe Boot and I discovered, for example, that maps in App.Maps & in App.Photos are opened with a black screen window. )

Apr 29, 2019 7:34 AM in response to rose_10

I shut down the Mac and I pressed "Option" + " R" . The login window was displayed.

When I pressed " Command" + "R", I reinstalled the operation system using macOs Recovery.

It solved my problem with FaceTime. Thank you.

Maps still do not work properly.

In system Preferences > Date & Time > Time Zone > I checked "Set time zone automatically using current location", there is the message: " Unable to determine current location at this time".

Message in FaceTime: " No Video FaceTime has not received any video from the connected camera..." How do I fix it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.