Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeatedly losing hard disk space without downloading any big file

I keep losing hard disk space in my macbook pro 2017 (mojave), today I see that I lost 15Gb worth of hdd space that I know for sure I didn't download anything even remotely close to that size recently, I know for use that I have 30Gb+ yesterday or even 2 days ago.

This is the 2nd big space loss that I experienced, last week was the same issue although I didn't take note on how much space I have left before I notice the loss. Last week I deleted 50Gb worth of pictures

The only app that I installed last week was Microsoft Outlook, which now uses 2Gb+ of my hard disk

I also scanned if there's any virus using Avast, found nothing

Here's the screencap of my hdd status:

Anybody has any idea how to solve this?

Best,

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 3:11 AM

I did a scan with omnidisksweeper, and found in Library/GroupContainers that Outlook took up 61,3 Gb of data, mostly (58,7 Gb) from Message Attachment.

Is it safe to delete all of those attachments in group containers by pressing trash in omnidisksweeper?

4 replies

Repeatedly losing hard disk space without downloading any big file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.