Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard disk is almost full

I recently updated my MacBook Air and now every time I try and open my Outlook Email App for work I get a message that my hard disk is almost full and it says I need to work offline. The app forces me to close it after that.

I know Big Sur took up a lot of my space and I had to delete a lot of stuff I had saved just to install the app but what can I do now to free up some hard disk space??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 7:19 AM

There are a lot of methods to do that - clean the Trash, remove caches and temporary files. If you have an external drive or cloud storage - transfer some files you don't desperately need.

If you have an iPhone or iPad and synced it with the Mac - also look for old backups.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 7:19 AM in response to lnclnfan

There are a lot of methods to do that - clean the Trash, remove caches and temporary files. If you have an external drive or cloud storage - transfer some files you don't desperately need.

If you have an iPhone or iPad and synced it with the Mac - also look for old backups.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Hard disk is almost full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.